Psych 600 Interview V2
Interview a Senior Citizen
Identify a senior citizen and schedule an hour to talk with him or her face to face. Be sure to tell the person that you are completing the interview as part of a class assignment and that the content of the interview is completely confidential (no names will be used). Conduct an informal interview, focusing on the participant’s developmental history.
Consider the following:
- Family history and background
- School environment and educational experience
- Employment (paid/unpaid)
- Social relationships
- Partnerships and parenthood
- Significant life events
- Significant life transitions
- Memorable experiences
Part I: Document the questions you asked and the participant’s responses. This is your interview ‘transcript’ which will be turned in along with your reflective paper.
Part II: Write a 1,000 word reflective paper based on the interview. In your paper, include information on the following:
- Most notable aspects of the interview. What topics did your interviewee respond most strongly to and why?
- Most surprising aspects of the interview: Did any of the interviewee’s responses surprise you? Explain.
- A commentary about the interviewee’s most significant or meaningful life events. What stood out as being most important in his/her life?
- A commentary about the interviewee’s most challenging transitions. What life transitions did your interviewee comment on? Did he/she discuss any specific strategies for coping with difficult life transitions?
- A discussion of what you learned from this experience.
Include at least three references from scholarly sources.
Format your paper according to APA style.